Pin It button on image hover

Monday, April 5, 2010

Fruit Salad with Poppyseed Dressing


Ummm... yes... you are in the right place - I made something besides cake for once and am actually blogging about it. Don't be alarmed - I still have another cake to post too.



But since spring is here in full force, I thought I would take advantage of the great red strawberries that were on sale everywhere this weekend. I wanted a light and easy side dish for my Easter dinner so I put together this fruit salad. This comes together with minimal effort and is so light and refreshing for a spring meal.



Fruit Salad with Poppyseed Dressing

1 package of strawberries, sliced
1 large bunch of grapes (about one cup), sliced in half if desired
1 package of blueberries
1 large can of pineapple chunks (in juice not heavy syrup, reserve the juice)
3 kiwis, peeled and sliced

Dressing:
1 tsp poppyseeds
1/2 cup pineapple juice
2 T sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 T canola oil

Add pineapple juice, sugar and salt to a blender and blend until combined. Slowly stream in oil with blender running until emulsified. Add poppyseeds and pour over fruit. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. This just screams Spring/Summer to me :o) Makes me want a bowl for breakfast right now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails