Pin It button on image hover

Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine's Day Menu

Todd and I celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday because we were planning to be out of town this coming weekend with some friends. I wanted to cook us a nice dinner with some things that I don't normally make.

The Menu:

Appetizer:
Crab Cakes

Dinner:
Baby Spinach Salad with Feta, Walnuts and Dried Cranberries with Raspberry Vinaigrette
New York Strip Steak with caramelized onions and mushrooms
Smoked Mozzarella Risotto
Crusty Herb Bread

Dessert:
Yellow Cake with Dulce de Leche filling and Whipped Cream Icing

I used a bottled dressing and bread from Kroger bakery but other than that everything was homemade. Aside from the experiment with the dulce de leche, everything was extremely easy to put together and turned out great. I'll post the recipes over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails